Friday, September 18, 2009

2 at the price of one :D








So here are 2 pictures together. The first one is of our national bird peacock which is my favourite bird since I was a kid. I used to wait in the rain and wish it just dances once. I did saw it but it was in zoo. We still have loads of peacocks around my place in India. I like the sketch though, I used the reference from the following web blog http://kalaalog.com/2008/03/28/drawing-a-dancing-peacock/ which provides instructions on how to draw a peacock. This is my first try and I guess it turned out good. I did it just using a pencil.




The second one is a lame effort at trying to recreate a famous picture I found online. Its just a horrible effort but come on it is an effort :) I know it looks like she is balancing on one side of her bottom I guess I should stick to drawing non human.
I have no clue what is wrong in the women picture.
Aks

5 comments:

  1. I admire people who can draw 'coz I can't draw even a straight line with my free hand. But I'm very critical in my appreciation for drawings and paintings. And as you yourself said the pic. of the woman has certain problems. But please don't stick to drawing non-human pics. It takes some practise but you will sure get it one day. You have it in you to direct your pencil in the right directions. Keep trying. I'll keep looking for your master piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice words. Yeah A lot of people liked the silhouette of the women even though it has technical defects so I am planning to try out some more sketches. I will update when its done. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and very sensitive and makes a feel of lust and innocence.. well this is my personal view... it is cool i love this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Effort... Aakashi... really nice. I too paint.. but have always been a fan of Pencil Sketches... i lack patience to do pencil sketches so i did attempt but left it half way but really appreciate those who do pencil sketches. Abhishek Das

    ReplyDelete